Pages

Wednesday 12 September 2012

A dream come true!!



A dream I have had for such a long time, at last, starting to materialize!!

In the spare bedroom, the single bed is loaded with all the “what ifs” and “just in cases”, waiting to finally be sorted over the weekend, before I depart on Monday for my first long trip – solo.

My biggest fear is that one day; I will look back on my life and wish I had done more. Experienced more. Lived more.  That I will regret the things I did NOT do, rather than those attempted and failed.

So here I am, on the eve of a trip I have anticipated for ages, but only been coming together in the last month or so. The idea is that I will travel this country, on my BMW GS650 (dual purpose) motorbike – called Wedwo - , till there is not a road left to see and not a spot left to visit. If it takes me the rest of my life, I will be happy doing so!

I absolutely love taking pictures and have discovered over the last few years that I love writing too.  I want to combine these two, with my love for my bike and the open roads, and make something happen! I have created this site to jot down my trips, and a few pics to show you where I have been - yes sorry, it’s still coming together, but within a few posts, I am sure I will get the hang of this site!  The idea is to do it daily, but due to time constraints or (in most cases) lack of Internet, I will do it when and where I can. Hopefully, within a few years, I have so many of you “followers”, that BMW and Cannon beg to sponsor me.  Yes, the hope it to eventually make a few bucks out of all this…



So if you want to keep up with my adventures, feel free to pop in as often as you like, or add yourself through Google + (I'm still figuring that one out), to stay up to date. Please leave comments, I would love hearing from you. Be it to say good luck,  give good advice or just good friendship.

My next post will give you a few more details of the coming trip. In the meantime I owe my hubby the greatest thanks, allowing me to take on this venture, as he knows and understands my heart and this dream. A, you are my best friend and I will miss you so, but know I will eagerly be returning home, into your arms. Thanks for your support and always having my back. Also a big thanks to my family, whom I am fortunate enough to have close by. Please know I will be careful and stay safe, as I have a lot to return for. I love you all.

You know, Motorcycle Diaries have no incredible stories, no sudden plot twists, it doesn't play that way. It's about recognizing that instance of change and embracing it. - Gael Garcia Bernal

15 comments:

  1. Great good luck Jinxi!!! Be careful out there. Wish I was there too.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Mark, would have been awesome to take you along and show you my country! Maybe one day....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck girl!! Hope all works out for you....may you have a safe trip and get to do all you want!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Nadia. Hopefully I will finally be able to meet you too - looking forward to it. That will be next Tuesday - no idea of the time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Luck Girl.
    I'll be following your journey closely from here.
    This is quite a trip for your first adventure but I know you can do it.
    Just be careful and stay safe.

    Reg

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know I am taking on a big adventure, but sure I will have a great time and I will stay careful and safe, thanks Reg.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so excited to follow you along on your wonderful adventure! You are such a wonderful writer and it will be fun seeing and hearing about your trips around your beautiful country!

    Love the picture of you too! Nice looking bike!

    ~Debbie~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all the compliments Debbie. I enjoy the writing!

      Delete
  9. hey, jinx!!! i just wanna wish you a happy and safe trip. this is an opportunity of a lifetime! i hope you suck the marrow out it! you will be in my thoughts and i look forward to all the interesting news, pictures and comments. safe biking, girl, and look forward to your return.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Douw. I was looking so forward to it and really did have the time of my life! Now to get finances for another trip!

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. So true, I am fortunate to be able to do this!

      Delete